Thursday, January 19, 2012

Apples and pears with cinnamon


    Yesterdays shopping yielded some unexpected gifts. Two of those were local pears and apples. These are household favorites.

     So todays adventure started out as just apples and pears but I got a wild idea after reading that babies exposed to a wide variety of spices and herbs early on have a wider palate variety, I decided to start with cinnamon.

   We are still working on how much water to use to steam. So we started with it at the 1 level.

Ingredients:

1 smallish diced apple
1 smallish diced pear
1/2 tsp of cinnamon

     I leave the skin on when I dice the fruit. This means that you have to make sure that the fruit is REALLY well blended. After steaming, I blended the mixture in short bursts of about 30 seconds approximately 10 times - stopping to scrape the sides in between. Once it was smooth, I added the cinnamon and again blended it a couple of times.

    It yielded a mixture so good that I may make it in a large batch for the rest of the family. Sean's reaction was and I quote "YUM". Good luck and happy baby food making.


  




No comments:

Post a Comment